DEFINITION AND FUNCTIONS OF COOKIES.- A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer, tablet, mobile or other terminal (hereinafter, “equipment”) when you access the website www.alabern.com (hereinafter, “website”).
In general, and depending on the type of cookie, cookies make it possible to store and retrieve information about your visit, your browsing habits, the browser or device from which you access, as well as to recognise you as a user or customer, which can facilitate your next visit and make the website more useful by personalising its content. Cookies play a very important role in improving the experience of using websites.
Cookies can be “own” and, therefore, are those that are sent to your computer from a domain or computer managed by ALABERN; or they can be “third party” cookies, i.e., they are sent to your computer from a computer or domain that is managed by another entity.
They may also be “session” cookies, which means that they expire when you leave the website; or “persistent” cookies, which remain stored on your computer for a longer period of time, ranging from a few minutes to several years.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Technical cookies: these are necessary for the correct functioning of the website and the different options or services that exist on it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas or using security elements during browsing, among others.
- Personalisation cookies: these are cookies that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, for example, language
- Analysis cookies: these are cookies that allow the monitoring and analysis of the behaviour of users of the website (e.g., number of pages you visit, the place from which you access, the frequency and recurrence of visits, the length of your visit, the browser or computer from which you make the visit, etc.). The information obtained is used to measure the activity of our website and to create user browsing profiles, with the aim of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the data on how users use the website.
Likewise, and at any time, you can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options or from the privacy options of the computer from which you are visiting us. If you block the installation of technical cookies in your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the website and/or use some of the services offered.
If through the initial configuration you have accepted the installation of certain types of cookies and subsequently wish to oppose their installation or maintenance, you must delete the cookies already installed by configuring the browser options and reconfigure those that you allow to be installed.
Below, you can find information on the cookie configuration options in the main browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-Sitio webs-web-rastrear-preferencias
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/es-ES/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, some of the services described above offer direct “opt-out” mechanisms to oppose the installation of their cookies:
If you wish, you can watch the videos produced by the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD) in order to explain how to configure privacy options from different platforms and devices: http://www.agpd.es/portalwebAGPD/CanalDelCiudadano/protegetuprivacidad/index-ides-idphp.php
Last updated: 20 May 2021.